Some times it is good to be treated bad - then you know how better how to welcome people!
Today I was invited for the first time to Facebook in Stockholm. I was really looking forward to this event and thought was I could bring to the table as a teacher, chemist and with business administration.
I arrived with to Malmtorgsgatan 8 - I thought it was Malmskillnadsgatan 8. Jag har väl en släng av dyslexi. Som någon sa en gång hur kan man ha ett sådant namn på läs- och skrivsvårigheter? Kommer aldrig ihåg hur det stavas.
Som tur så var det bara Brunkebergstorg som låg i mellan så jag inte behövde ta mig till en annan stadsdel.
So when I and another guy arrived to the adress I helped him with the speakerphone at the entrance. Just a "blipp" and we was inside. We stand in the elevator but nothing happened. But suddenly it start to move and we went to floor 8 instead of floor 5 where Facebook has their office. We talk to the Roschier people but they could not help us. So we went down.
When I tried again from the bottom I arrived to floor number 5. There a gard from Securitas welcomed us. Told us to register. Then we have to agree to some sort of confidencial agreement - it was like always - very long so you did not really had the time to read it through. The security was stronger than in a airport or the Swedish Parlament. About 60 to 70 attendacees.
Then everyone have to bring their ID. The problem was that some of us was not at he list. We was told to sit down and wait - and that I did for one hour.
Then a girl came and explained that there only had a specific chairs in the room. Then she ask for the conformation letter. I used Facebook to confirm that I want to take part but that was not good enough for Facebook but for the Nobel Prize Committee in Chemistry.
I would recommend Facebook and Securitas to read Hostmanship - The art og making people feel welcome by Jan Gunnarsson and Olle Blohm.
I was not the only one who could not attend - a Chinese guy from Ericsson was really offended and a think it was something by losing faces. I am shore they did everything right by their procedures. But I feel empty by this treatment.
I arrived with to Malmtorgsgatan 8 - I thought it was Malmskillnadsgatan 8. Jag har väl en släng av dyslexi. Som någon sa en gång hur kan man ha ett sådant namn på läs- och skrivsvårigheter? Kommer aldrig ihåg hur det stavas.
Som tur så var det bara Brunkebergstorg som låg i mellan så jag inte behövde ta mig till en annan stadsdel.
So when I and another guy arrived to the adress I helped him with the speakerphone at the entrance. Just a "blipp" and we was inside. We stand in the elevator but nothing happened. But suddenly it start to move and we went to floor 8 instead of floor 5 where Facebook has their office. We talk to the Roschier people but they could not help us. So we went down.
When I tried again from the bottom I arrived to floor number 5. There a gard from Securitas welcomed us. Told us to register. Then we have to agree to some sort of confidencial agreement - it was like always - very long so you did not really had the time to read it through. The security was stronger than in a airport or the Swedish Parlament. About 60 to 70 attendacees.Then everyone have to bring their ID. The problem was that some of us was not at he list. We was told to sit down and wait - and that I did for one hour.
Then a girl came and explained that there only had a specific chairs in the room. Then she ask for the conformation letter. I used Facebook to confirm that I want to take part but that was not good enough for Facebook but for the Nobel Prize Committee in Chemistry.I would recommend Facebook and Securitas to read Hostmanship - The art og making people feel welcome by Jan Gunnarsson and Olle Blohm.
I was not the only one who could not attend - a Chinese guy from Ericsson was really offended and a think it was something by losing faces. I am shore they did everything right by their procedures. But I feel empty by this treatment.



Kommentarer
Skicka en kommentar